Overview of Process and Benefits to Businesses
For defense contractors
As a result of funding through the Defense Industry Adjustment Program, the Washington Department of Commerce offers one-on-one technical assistance at no cost to you. Whether your company is an experienced government contractor with a specific need, a small business that’s won a few contracts but would like to become more strategic in pursuing government work, or brand new to solicitations, this site provides the information and resources that can help.
For all businesses
The Washington Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC), a statewide program headquartered in the Thurston EDC, offers no cost, confidential, one-on-one technical assistance in all aspects of selling to federal, state and local governments.
Available technical assistance for defense contractors and those interested in doing business with government agencies includes advising on:
- Strategic market research
- Interpreting solicitations
- Proposal Development
- Understanding Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and other government procurement regulations
- Marketing to defense and other government buyers
- GSA Multiple Award Schedule program
- Understanding federal labor laws required of federal contractors
- Wide Area Workflow and other federal invoicing systems
- Understanding federal wage determinations (Davis Bacon Act, Service Contract Act)
- Certifications for small and diverse businesses to increase your competitive advantage
- System for Award Management registration
- And more!