Small Business Certification
When you register in SAM, you will provide average annual receipts over the past 3 years and average number of employees, which is used to determine if your firm meets the SBA Small Business Size Standards for your primary NAICS code and any additional NAICS selected. If you are under the identified annual revenue or number of employees for your selected NAICS code(s), you are considered a small business and may be eligible to compete for small business set asides procured under the applicable NAICS code.
There is no formal small business certification for federal contracting. The annual self-certification in SAM is sufficient.
Additional Federal Socioeconomic Certifications
- Small Disadvantaged Business
- SBA 8a Business Development Program
- SBA HUBZone Program
- Federal Women Owned Small Business Program
- Federal Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business
- VA Veteran Owned Small Business (required by the VA and Federal Aviation Administration)